Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well, Jen is feeling somewhat better. She's not feeling great, but definitely better.  I sure hope this means she's closer to being fine.  It's not fun watching someone you love feel like crap all the time, while I feel just fine all the time.  
We signed up for netflix, pretty cool so far, I like the instantly watchable videos online, maybe if we get a HDTV, we can use it for movies too.
Thinking about selling the Mini.  Not because it costs us anything (because it doesn't), but realistically, we're not going to be working on it more than we do when the baby comes.  But, we both are happy that we have it, and really, the only advantages of selling it are that we can move all our stuff from the storage unit to the garage and save $100 a month, and we'd be adding the sale price to our bank accounts.    We'll see.
Jen said that if I can sell our tv in the front room, and in our bedroom, we can buy a new tv, so I'm trying hard.
Found out that the moment she leaves work for maternity leave, she is no longer covered by her medical insurance, and has to pay for COBRA, which sucks, I'd be ok with her paying for GI Joe, but COBRA? Ridiculous!
Helped teach an all-day seminar for Improv last saturday for a church in Poway and then did a show with them that night. It was awesome.  Tiring, but well worth it.  Got paid, which is always nice, but it was really cool to teach other people something I am fairly good at.  I told Jen a few weeks ago "I really like showing other people how to do things that I know how to do", to which she responded "you mean teaching?".   Ahhhh, the wise words of the wife.  Although, considering she doesn't actually know how to read my blog, they are wasted words, I'll go tell her myself.
Going to a Halloween party next Saturday, dressing up as a car wreck, I mean, Michael Phelps in 10 years, complete with skull cap, goggles, iPod in one ear, swim parka, our multiple marathon and half marathon medals around my neck, and yes, a Speedo.  Hey, I didn't say it was going to be pretty, I said it was going to be a train wreck.
Tomorrow is Friday, which is always a good thing, have a show on Saturday night, last one for the year, trying to get work people to go.  We're doing this show with someone from the class, which always makes for a fun evening.
I think that's it for now, life is pretty much how I tend to like it, busy.

No comments: